Author Topic: TP9 SP1 Still Has Problems  (Read 3521 times)

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
TP9 SP1 Still Has Problems
« on: 2014-06-11 20:17:38 »
Come on Cerious, this just won't do. This SP isn't ready for production release. Why are you ignoring your long suffering and frustrated customers?

Despite God knows how many beta releases of SP1, you still haven't managed to address some fairly basic issues.

1. Turn off display of one user field and they all go; turn it back on and random fields appear. I have reported this for every beta release since user fields were 'fixed' and nothing has been done.

2. Edit a user field and the display does not change unless F5 is pressed. This is a real problem when editing the field the display is sorted on, which is how I usually work.

3. Sort on Numeric Name and Name give exactly the same order i.e. Numeric Name.

There are probably other bugs that haven't been fixed, but a) I don't have time to keep checking them all, and b) I am fed up with typing them up.

None of these are feature requests, they are all things that have worked at some time in the past.

IlseKasten

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2014-06-12 03:37:27 »
I see no improvements to the reported errors in the forum.
Nearly none of the problems is mentioned on in the release note pages. Even errors of the last release (e.g. hibernation) are still present.

So every new release ends up in frustration.

A subscriber has asked this question before, now I ask if the user forum still make sense?

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-06-12 05:36:53 »
This forum was Cerious preferred method of bug reporting for the betas

[msg]2963[/msg]

Seems they are ignoring their own requests. What worries me is how long will it be before they announce TP10, abandon TP9 and expect us to pay for an upgrade to fix problems that should have been ironed out before the first release, nevermind after a service pack.

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-06-12 07:50:18 »
I was just thinking the same thing!  Will Cerious continue the TP8 to TP9 precedent by releasing TP10?

The only change I've seen in SP1 is the Tasks pane now observes the custom color (but with a ridiculous white stripe at the bottom of the pane).

Most of the issues we've reported remain.  I, like others, get really tired of reporting the same issues over and over.

ducky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-06-13 11:12:59 »
Thanks for your feedback. It saves time, energy and nerves for installing another alpha-like buggy update, this time cockily called service pack. I'm absolutely fed up with this unreliable piece of software whose latest stable and useable version, thmpls7sp2, dates from 2007.