Author Topic: Redeye removal tool not working in version 10  (Read 3998 times)

wjdaniel

• View Profile
Redeye removal tool not working in version 10
« on: 2015-12-27 12:11:31 »
Whenever I try to use the redeye removal tool, my mouse cursor completely disappears. At that moment, I have to port out to a different app to fix the red eyes. My cursor option is set up just like it was in version 7 -- default, I think. Anybody know a fix for this?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2015-12-27 13:31:47 »
I doubt if this function was still meant to be active.. it's no longer accessible through the menu (but the Shift+R keyboard shortcut still works).

As an alternative, you can change the selection mode to Eliptical (Alt+O), position the cursor at the center of the pupil and Shift-Drag the mouse to select the iris. Then use Adjust Colors (C) to desaturate the iris.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

wjdaniel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-12-28 05:24:14 »
I didn't know it's not supposed to be active. I was able to easily add it to my tool bar using the "customize" option, just as I did with version 7. So, you're saying it's just sitting there looking pretty and not working at all (which is something I already know)? It sounds like your alternative method is more work than simply porting out to Photoshop for that function.