Author Topic: TP9 3928: Folder refresh disables 'Include Child Folders'  (Read 4145 times)

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When you use the 'Include Child Folders' option to view not just the contents of the current folder but also those of its subfolders, and you refresh the folder or do something that causes ThumbsPlus to refresh it (e.g. Remove Orphans), then the 'Include Child Folders' option is turned off.

I have a few folders that are so large that 'watch changes in folder' no longer works reliably there. So, I refresh it manually very regularly, and it's a bit of a pain that I have to remember to re-enable 'Include Child Folders' everytime.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TP9 3928: Folder refresh disables 'Include Child Folders'
« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-01 15:52:32 »
Hi Daan,

You can ago to OPTIONS>PREFERENCES>THUMBNAIL VIEW and turn this option to "always" be on. Is this not working for you or are you wanting ThumbsPlus to have different behavior or different options for showing child folders?

Kind regards,
Laura

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-08-01 20:01:55 »
> You can ago to OPTIONS>PREFERENCES>THUMBNAIL VIEW and turn this option to "always" be on. Is this not working for you or are you wanting ThumbsPlus to have different behavior or different options for showing child folders?

Hi Laura, thanks for your replies!

Yes, Child Folders is a setting that I prefer to be Off for most folders - I have only one folder in which I use it regularly. So, I prefer to activate it manually, but it would be nice if the setting would stick while I'm working in that folder.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

MetcalfeP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-09-01 05:49:01 »
There is also an issue with the show child folders that depends on how many sub-folders and images there are, I am trying to determine the limits but basically if you have >2 subfolders with well over a hundred images in each then the latest version of TP does not show all the images jpg,jpeg etc. makes no diff.)
You can check by adding the select child folders option and adding it to the toolbar, select your folder then move the displayed files it shows to the root folder, if you then try and delete the sub-folders which should now be empty you will find files remaining.
It also appears to be the subfolder file number/folder size checking action that leads to the % completed still going >100% - yep still happens with large folders.

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-09-10 12:56:45 »
I have been testing this and have reported this behavior.

Laura

MetcalfeP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-09-21 12:58:27 »
Oddly enough so have customers plus a load of other major failures but it seems to make no difference....the list includes (there are more but time and life is too short)
View a gif - crash
View a movie - crash
PDF - support just not there
View a word doc - crash or it sits and hangs looking for a 32bit version of word - 64bit obviously must not be valid
Move a folder using TP and the old folder stays there despite the orphan clean up being set
Make thumbs for a folder with sub-folders and the program either dies after so many files or decides to do 100%+ (obviously does not recuse and count the file number before starting and does not update)
Database painfully slow but oddly SQLlite3 OK with other programs, looks like the query order.
Assumes any file associations it can every time it runs.
Run 2 tasks, tell them to stop and one will refuse to stop result, have to force close.
Run over a network and it times out, clearly the system does not maintain a path and check it.
Send reports - never replied to or fixed, forums are the same, attitude is if we have to, result unfortunatley looks like V8 with frilly bits - and we all know how bad that was....
Unfortunatley it just looks like time to call time.

Wonder how long till we unfortunatley lose this post as well due to an error.... ho hum....

Do not even mind if we had the option to pay for a new version that works if funding is the issue but, we paid for V8 and never got what was promised, V9 needs to have a solid and reliable base before fancy bits are added.