Author Topic: Window size and position on startup  (Read 1558 times)

aslaksen

• View Profile
Window size and position on startup
« on: 2023-05-26 09:14:57 »
I just had to reinstall on my notebook PC. I have two monitors, and I want my big external monitor to be my main monitor. In the past, TP started on my external monitor, but I can't get it to work now. I can't remember what I did in the past. I tried to use the Options -> Preferences -> Startup setting, but TP still started on my notebook. I went to Windows 10 settings, and made my external monitor my primary monitor. Now TP starts on the external monitor, but with the same size as if it had started on my notebook. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Helmer

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Window size and position on startup
« Reply #1 on: 2023-05-26 11:50:07 »
See Options | Viewing | Window.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

aslaksen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2023-05-26 19:05:46 »
Thanks, I tried that, but it doesn't work. I have rotated my monitor into portrait mode, so I want it to start up filling the whole monitor. Instead, it starts up on the right monitor, but with a size matching the notebook. Which means that it extends over into the notebook (which is on the right hand side).

Helmer

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2023-05-26 19:34:41 »
Are there any relevant options in the properties of the ThumbsPlus shortcut on your desktop?

Are you using any monitor/desktop management software (that may have come with your videocard) ?
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

aslaksen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2023-05-27 18:04:40 »
Thanks for all your suggestions. Somehow it works now. Maybe I just had to restart it? Strange, but it works, so I'm happy.