Author Topic: Metadata Batch Editor  (Read 17083 times)

Hans H

• View Profile
Metadata Batch Editor
« on: 2018-06-28 11:36:11 »
Do any of you use the TP10 metadata batch editor?  I really liked the way v7 and previously worked and find the current version more appropriate for programmers and IT professionals.  I use Lightroom for most metadata editing but Cerious Support keeps telling me I ought to use the MDE.  Anybody out there actually using it?

pie.photo

• View Profile
Re: Metadata Batch Editor
« Reply #1 on: 2019-01-04 09:07:21 »
This is an old post, but I nevertheless will answer.
Yes, I am using the Metadata Batch Editor. First I was not very happy with it because it's not as easy to use as it was in TP7. But it's (maybe too?) flexible.
I need it mostly to actualize XMP-data when I add/change keywords. Because I want to have this information in every image file. I saved a template for this action. Now it's quickly done with a few mouse clicks.

Street Mann

• View Profile
Re: Metadata Batch Editor
« Reply #2 on: 2019-03-19 20:42:13 »
I used it to migrate from t7 to t10 and recreate more easily my galleries.

Step 1 .... Convert the td4 to a tdb8 database.

Step 2 .... Use the Metadata Editor to push all the gallery names  that the image is assigned to and the keywords into the Metadata of the image so that the gallery assignment ( name)  and the keywords always travels with the image. ( See image attached) and push annotations to the metadata comments. the keywords and gallery names are pushed to the metadata keywords field

Step 3 .... In the keywords preferences set the thumbs db to grab gallery names that are in the in the metadata  and put them in the Keywords in the t10 db.

Step 4 .... Manually create the gallery tree/folder names ( they will have no thumbnails yet)

Step 5 ... Do a keyword search on each gallery name ( because the gallery name has been key-worded) and then select all those images and slide them to the gallery. This creates the pointers and gets the images indexed to the right gallery.

Step 6 ... refer to the thread and Daans posts about it all..

http://forum.thumbsplus.com/forum/index.php?topic=5941.0;all

BTW I also include a shot from a cool program that tells you a bunch of info .. you can see the keywords I am talking about.

Exif Pilot is the name of the tool

« Last Edit: 2019-03-19 20:55:02 by Street Mann »