Author Topic: Ghostscript  (Read 3551 times)

gsamna

• View Profile
Ghostscript
« on: 2016-02-27 04:01:29 »
Hi,

I was having intermittent trouble with PDF thumbnailing and display for a while. I now found out that if anywhere in the filename or path there is a § character that's what is causing the problem. I think it might be a problem of Ghostscript itself as I now verified that it happens also when TP is not involved.

Can somebody tell me whether it is known generic problem or it happens only to me (with my config)?

Or does anybody know about a workaround (other then renaming the file)?

I am using gs9.16 (32 or 64 bit) the latest stable TP10 and Windows 7.

Thank you all in advance

Gregor

Gary

• View Profile
Ghostscript
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-27 09:13:25 »
FYI, 9.18 is the latest release.  Might be worth a try to see if it fixes your problem.  Here is a link to the history of changes to ghostscript:

http://www.ghostscript.com/doc/9.18/History9.htm

gsamna

• View Profile
Ghostscript
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-28 04:26:16 »
Thanks, I installed the latest release but that was not it. I found out that Ghostscript seems not to be the problem. Ghostscript EXE works fine and Ghostscript DLL called via the new Gsview V6 also works. Interestingly when the DLL is being called by the old Ghostgum V5 of Gsview shows what the problem seems to be: the part (directory name or file name) with the § character gets substituted by 247\ and thus the file cannot be found. Probably the TP plugin calls the Ghstscript DLL the same way the old Gsview was doing it and runs into the same problem.

Maybe Cerious can make something of my attempt at an explanation and will be able to fix this.

Best

Gregor

gsamna

• View Profile
Ghostscript
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-28 05:06:38 »
P.S.: this also applies to other 'special' characters like ° accented vocals (like ó á à è é ö ü ä etc.) alternative versions of ' and - (the primary characters work).