Author Topic: Web page wizard, font size, v7  (Read 3039 times)

Dan Landiss

• View Profile
Web page wizard, font size, v7
« on: 2014-09-10 15:25:05 »
By editing the .tpt template I have been able to reduce the font size of the comments and other text on the index pages in the Web Page Wizard. For example, [font size = "-1"] gives me characters 10 pixels high.

How can I adjust the font parameters of the filenames under the thumbnails to be the same size, or even smaller? Everything I've tried leaves it at 12 pixels high.

Thank you!

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2014-09-10 20:36:43 »
Hi Dan,

That's a tougher question than you might expect and the answer isn't simple :)

When you were editing that .tpt file, you may have noticed a "{{thumbnails}}" tag in it. That token is where the thumbnail table goes, and that table includes the filenames that you want to be smaller. The bad news is that the way that ThumbsPlus generates this table is hard-coded in the program, and there is no template for it that one might edit.

However, in an earlier newsgroup discussion in 2006, Phillip said this about it:

> The thumbnail table uses the default font for the page; within the web
> page template (.tpt file, in the Templates sub-folder), you can change
> the font used for the table, though not its size, by placing
> around the {{Thumbnails}} tag, e.g.:
>
>   {{Thumbnails}}

>
> I believe you can use cascading style sheets to select a different font
> and size for default text, though my personal experience with CSS is
> limited.

So, it looks like CSS is still an option to accomplish what you want.

In another discussion, someone asked how she would use CSS to change the font color. In response, fellow TP user Allan Yuill posted this modified copy of the 'centered.tpt' template (included with TP7) to demonstrate how it works:

>
>
>
> > content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
> {{Heading}}
>
>
>
>
>

{{Heading}}

>
{{Comments}}

>

{{Home}Home{/Home}}{{Prev}|Previous Page{/Prev}}|{{Index}}{{Next}|Next Page{/Next}}

>

> {{Thumbnails}}
>

>

{{Index}}
>
>

The part that Allan added for CSS is shown in bold. CSS code is usually stored in an external file, but for this purpose it may be more practical to put it inside the template, as Allan did.

Now I know very little about CSS, but that "TD  {COLOR: LIGHTBLUE}" is what changed the color for text inside 'TD' cells like those that make up the thumbnail table. For font size, you should be able to use a statement like "TD {font-size: 10px}".

I hope this helps! For more and better clues about CSS, please see a a reference such as [link=http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_syntax.asp]this[/link].

I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Dan Landiss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-10 21:27:34 »
Thank you, Daan. I started thinking along those same lines a few hours ago, and learned enough CSS to get the job done. I added these lines in the header of the Web page. They can change the body and font sizes independently, along with the normal, viewed, hover and active colors of links.

The use of each section is pretty much self-explanatory -- like "body" controls everything that appears in the body but tables seem to be immune to it, "td" controls the contents of [td] elements, and so on.

The results appear at [link]http://aspenhof.info/photos/regatta2014/index.html[/link].

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-09-11 12:45:09 »
Great - it looks nice and works well!
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.