Author Topic: Slide show transitions  (Read 3000 times)

Paul

• View Profile
Slide show transitions
« on: 2014-07-03 15:00:46 »
I got an Amazon Fire TV. During idle times it plays a slideshow that is stunning - nature photos that fade in while the photo pans or zooms around, giving the feeling that it's a video playing when actually it's just a still photo.

I looked in TP for similar transitions but there was nothing similar, not even a fade-in fade-out. I know that the TP crew is more than capable of creating such transitions, so I wonder if the reason for not having them is that they require heavy-duty graphics capabilities that not every pc has.

Anybody have ideas about how to get fades into a TP slideshow?

Thanks
Paul

mel314

• View Profile
Slide show transitions (reply)
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-03 16:04:29 »
Have looked at Options / Viewing / Slide Show tab?  There are 14 different transitions, plus 'none' and 'random' that can be selected in the lower right corner of the tab window.  And some of the transitions have additional settings.

You can also use Ctrl-J to get there from the main window.

Paul

• View Profile
Slide show transitions (reply)
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-03 16:44:05 »
I looked there. Lots of visual effects but no simple fade out - fade in.

I went to Microsoft help to see why their slideshow doesn't have it either. Microsoft says that advanced slideshow features are dependent on having a robust graphics capability. I went to Start, then typed in "Performance Information" in the search box and got an evaluation of my PC. MS runs a test of hardware to see how good it is for advanced graphics. But still, that sounds like a lot to need for simple fades.

Paul

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Slide show transitions
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-03 16:47:48 »
Actually Cerious use ready-made code from Leadtools for those transitions, which is why the often requested fades and cross fades can't be added.

> Anybody have ideas about how to get fades into a TP slideshow?

The only thing that came close was a template for the web page wizard that created javascript-based slideshows - but you'd have to run those in a browser. I think your best bet would be to look for a 3d party solution.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.