Author Topic: does anyone get Support replies from Cerious  (Read 3732 times)

Frolin Marek

• View Profile
does anyone get Support replies from Cerious
« on: 2014-05-10 13:06:19 »
Wondering if others have had the lack of replies to Support Tickets I have had, sent to Cerious ?

In recent years, have sent 8-10 emails to Cerious and in general, most go without a response.  Most are new issues that you can find in these forums, weeks or months later.

While the seem to release updates with as many bugs as fixes, and have ignored many bugs mentioned in recent years...  just curious if other had had the lack of reply from Cerious Support, that I have seen in recent years ?

Frolin

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2014-05-10 16:36:53 »
> just curious if other had had the lack of reply from Cerious Support, that I have seen in recent years ?

There have been many such complaints, but there've also been many e-mail delivery problems. When you write to Cerious, it helps if you mention thumbsplus in the title of your message and mention an alternate e-mail address in your message, and (particularly) if you whitelist cerious.com and thumbsplus.com in your email program. Also check the spamfilter for any replies that they may have sent to you but that were automaticaly deleted on your or your provider's side.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Frolin Marek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-05-10 16:53:35 »
Daan,

I fully get all the excuses many firms uses for why they do not reply to emails.  Have no issues with spam or junk mail blocking.  The problem is, Cerious does not take Customer Support 'serious'.  And they don't reply to emails.

Have even included phone numbers, no calls either.
Have my own domain, so it's not a blocked email as you suggest.

Remember, I get their sales and update notices, so I'm getting their emails, they need to figure out if either they are blocking customer emails, or if they want to stop ignoring them and start replying.

Yea...  its that easy and no it's not a spam or junk mail filter issue on my side.

Frolin

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-10 18:17:25 »
> I fully get all the excuses [..]

No Frolin, there *have* been significant e-mail delivery issues. For instance, for a long time, AOL/Compuserve used to block e-mail from the IP-range that cerious.com is part of (not cerious' fault). Also, many users and mail providers do have pretty bad spam settings.

While I agree that Cerious' responsiveness seems sub par and unreliable (something that I'd hoped this forum would help resolve, but Cerious' participation here is minimal too), the few cases that I've seen looked into all turned out to be related to e-mail delivery problems.

> Remember, I get their sales and update notices,

I can't remember something if you haven't mentioned it before.

In closing, if your messages concerned beta versions, I don't think you should be expecting any responses to begin with. As buggy as the regular releases may have been, the purpose of beta versions is testing, not production work, and bugs are expected.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-06-22 10:20:16 »
I maintain a very large database of images on TP7SP2 and cannot risk lack of functionality when upgrading. Over the years I have written many e-mails to Cerious concerning actual technical problems (not testing) relating to TP8 and TP9 releases. However, never have I received any replies from Cerious. Customer Support seemingly does not exist at Cerious. Only responses ever received (rather quickly) was when I wanted to buy something. Fortunately, hitherto I could simply continue working on TP7SP2 and abandon the new releases. I am absolutely baffled by this lack of support from Cerious. They are very quick to try sell their products, albeit sometimes in apparent desperation by offering specials, but user support is non-existent; at least that is my experience. Very unfortunate and very sad considering a potentially excellent product.

webcandesign

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-06-24 20:10:23 »
I hope this is not what is to become of cerious software.

I have sent 2 emails already to support about a serious issues of not being able to open the program due to a ODBC Database error and still no reply at all.

I am not pleased of this as I should have at lease got some sort of reply.

I cannot use the program at all on my laptop which holds Windows 8.1

I am trying different things now but an not very happy to see this post as it concerns me a little since I am having issues with it with my Laptop.