Author Topic: Viewer preference configuration not saved [TP10 4011]  (Read 3535 times)

CobaltBlue

• View Profile
When I make changes to the configuration of my Viewer (Image Viewer window -> View -> Customize) they are not saved. Each time I bring up an image it has fully reset to the default configuration.

I tried running TP as administrator, thinking that this may be a permissions issue, but that did not help.

I looked for anything on disk and in the registry that might point me to where these settings might be stored, but I couldn't find anything specific to the Image View window.

This is a fresh install of TP v10, with a new database. This machine hasn't seen the previous versions of TP that I've owned or the older databases I have.

Any suggestions?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Viewer preference configuration not saved [TP10 4011]
« Reply #1 on: 2016-10-19 10:29:35 »
They should be saved in Thumbs10.vconfig. See under Help | System | Preferences Path for its location.

There have been more reports here in the past of changes not being saved, but on my own system it seems to work fine (the dates of my .config and .vconfig files are recent).
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

IlseKasten

• View Profile
Viewer preference configuration not saved [TP10 4011]
« Reply #2 on: 2016-10-19 17:57:15 »
This error can occur in my opinion only under Win 10 (Win 8?) if you have specified own paths during the installation of TP10. In this case check whether you have the proper write rights for the directory with the configuration files.
The easiest way could be tor reinstal TP 10 with DEFAULT paths.