Author Topic: Canon G1X MkII & Fuji X-E1 raw file support  (Read 13306 times)

Nick Payne

• View Profile
Canon G1X MkII & Fuji X-E1 raw file support
« on: 2015-01-30 00:27:51 »
TP9 build 3943 with latest Digicam and CDRaw plugins still doesn't support the RAW files from either camera, even though the Fuji has been on the market since 2012 and the Canon for about a year. Any chance of getting support for either camera some time?

Some sort of image can be seen for the Canon RAWs, even though the colour is completely wrong and there is no correction for lens distortion, but the Fuji RAWs just show a completely black blank image for both the thumbnails and and for the file if you try to load it. I've tried both plug_digicam and plug_digiraw for both file types, with equally bad results for both with either converter.

On Linux I can use dcraw v9.21 successfully to convert both file types to TIF or JPG...

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2015-01-30 09:26:17 »
Nick, one of the benefits of the DCRAW plug-in is that when a new DCRAW is released, you can manually update the dcraw.exe and dcraw64.exe files in ThumbsPlus 'bin' subfolder.

(The latest compiled version that I've seen is 9.22, at http://www.centrostudiprogressofotografico.it/en/dcraw/ -- and I've verified on Virustotal.com that their downloads are clean)
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Nick Payne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-01-30 19:43:45 »
Thanks, I didn't realize that. I installed 6.22 of dcraw.exe and dcraw64.exe in the bin folder, changed the file type preferences for both Canon and Fuji raw files to use plug_digiraw.tpp, remade thumbnails for those two cameras, and I now get correct colours for the CR2 RAW images and can actually see the RAF images.