Author Topic: TP10  (Read 4428 times)

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
TP10
« on: 2014-07-15 18:17:57 »
Well I knew it was coming, but I didn't expect it quite this soon.

Absolutely disgusted. So you now want us to beta test TP10, and then when it is released (which will be long before it is ready) pay for the privilege?

How about fixing TP9 first? Your 'loyal' customers haven't had a fully working version since 8 was released.

I for one won't be beta testing. I got sick of posting the same errors for TP9 time and time again just to be ignored.

TP7 still works on Win 7, and until I am forced to upgrade to Win 8 I'll stick with that. My TP9 test installation is now getting un-installed.

WJShaheen

• View Profile
TP10
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-15 20:45:33 »
Ok - I paid for TP8. Never got it working. Then said, well, OK, and paid for TP9, TWICE! Bought the lifetime updates. Now, after testing umpteen iterations of TP9, still doesn't handle deleting. SP1 just released and you want to move onto TP10?!?!?!?

Un-believable.  Sorry I ever got roped into this product.  You people must be smoking something.

William Shaheen
Gold Canyon, AZ

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
doesn't handle deleting
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-15 21:23:56 »
> Now, after testing umpteen iterations of TP9, still doesn't handle deleting.

What do you mean?
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Gary

• View Profile
TP10
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-18 08:22:41 »
Don't even know what to say.  Is Cerious done with TP9 regardless of the fact it is riddled with bugs?  We are expected to pay for TP10 for what? - more bugs that will never get fixed? - then on to TP11, TP12, etc.  Rubbish.

aslaksen

• View Profile
TP10
« Reply #4 on: 2014-07-29 17:22:26 »
I love TP! So I am very sad to see what is going on. I used to have both TP7 and TP9 installed, but some time ago I decided that I wanted to give Cerious a chance and deleted TP7. But after installing TP9SP1, and seeing how some of the problems I thought had been fixed were coming back, and reading about TP10, I took out my old TP7SP2. Finally I can view my pictures without wide black margins!

Gary

• View Profile
TP10
« Reply #5 on: 2014-07-30 11:48:22 »
I am also a fan of TP.  I've been a user since TP2.1 (I still have the installation floppies for 2.1 and 3).  I find it to be an essential tool for image management.  I was using both TP7 and TP9SP1 on my system, but within the last week decided to dump TP9 and just use TP7.  There are just too many usability issues with TP9 to bother with it further.  I read in a post from Laura that there is another version of TP9 coming.  I have little faith many of the issues will be fixed.  And now Cerious is devoting their "limited" resources to developing TP10?  WTF?

TedKnijff

• View Profile
TP10
« Reply #6 on: 2014-07-30 14:13:49 »
Support for TP9 is non-existent.

But with me, delete thumbnail, delete file and delete folder work. Can you give me more details on what does not work? I'll want to check it with my version.

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TP10
« Reply #7 on: 2014-07-30 14:53:55 »
ThumbsPlus users:

I am going to continue to post the same answer.

PLEASE e-mail lshook@cerious.com with your bug reports. Please FORWARD any mail that is not answered to lshook@cerious.com We are answering every single e-mail and phone call that is coming into Cerious!!! 704/529-0200 When crashes occur and there is not a comment in the e-mail - just a crash report, those get filed in order of the crash addresses and Phillip fixes the cause of the crash in order of the most frequent crashes that occur. When there is e-mail with the crash report, a response should be received!

And PLEASE read and comment if you like:

ThumbsPlus v9 SP 1 is a FREE maintenance release for all registered users of ThumbsPlus v9 as will be the next maintenance release. We have been and are working countless hours to make ThumbsPlus as clean, fast and as feature filled as possible. Bugs are always present in software programs and we have always acknowledged and fixed them as fast as possible. ThumbsPlus v9 SP 1 is the culmination of over 4 long years of hard work since we began writing v9. ThumbsPlus is a very large program and as long as we write it we will be fixing problems.

This latest version of ThumbsPlus is by far the most stable of any since the first release of v8. You can read about all of the fixes here:
http://www.cerious.com/release_notes9sp1.shtml You can scroll to: Cumulative change notes for builds 3920 - 3938. The list is very long and shows the dedication we have to improving and updating ThumbsPlus.

Cerious Software is a very small company. ThumbsPlus is a huge program with a remarkable amount of features, support for database formats and database options. ThumbsPlus is now completely database-driven with features such as extensive search capabilities, search by similarity, user defined fields, image galleries, and management of offline disks, even across a network. The new ThumbsPlus ODBC databases can be configured to be virtually unlimited in size. These database options are not available in any other known product of this type. Cerious Software knows of no other application that even uses the industry standard ODBC database options! SQL Server and Postgres are only two examples of ODBC databases supported. We have many corporate users with client/server databases that are multiple terabytes in size. Keep in mind that the database only stores the thumbnails and data, ThumbsPlus does not store the images themselves. You can imagine the incredible size of the image collection that these corporations have! Do you know of other image management programs with these database capabilities? If so please let me know so that I can take a look!!

ThumbsPlus is priced extremely low for the hundreds of useful options it offers. We have not had a paid upgrade since 2012. In order to continue to provide ThumbsPlus we have to release major versions.

We have been writing ThumbsPlus for over 20 years and will continue to put our all into this program that everyone here is dedicated to.

You are welcome to e-mail me personally with any ThumbsPlus questions. I try to answer all of my e-mail messages within 2 business days. We are not here on weekends or holidays but we try to help our users with emergencies as quickly as we can. Emergencies can be e-mailed to any of the following addresses.

lshook@cerious.com
acrews@cerious.com
orderdesk@cerious.com

Kind regards,
Laura Shook
Cerious Software, Inc.
704/529-0200

Gary

• View Profile
TP10
« Reply #8 on: 2014-08-01 09:25:35 »
I have uninstalled TP9 but these are a few of the issues I remember ...

- database activity indicators do not work
- the tasks tab is missing the (0/0) counter like TP7
- this happens most when dealing with a found list.  right click on thumbnail to move it to another folder often requires multiple attempts before it works.
- overwrite of existing file creates error message window regardless of the error message suppress option setting
- when accessing thumbnail view settings, the 'file date' option will be selected automatically.  i have to remember to clear it as i do not want it displayed on the thumbnail.
- changing the case of any character in a folder name in the tree will cause all thumbnails in that folder to be removed
- delete an image then rename another image in the folder to that name causes the thumbnail to disappear.  F5 required to restore the thumbnail to the display.
- SP1 task percent crawl is double spaced