Author Topic: Error when connection to Maria DB on NAS  (Read 3205 times)

Udo

Error when connection to Maria DB on NAS
« on: 2016-02-19 15:53:05 »
I am running Maria DB on a Synology NAS with ThumbsPlus Pro v10 on Windows 10 64-bit. I used the script on the Thumbs Homepage to create my Thumbs database on MariaDB and I have created a user with all Access rights on the NAS.

Then I installed the Maria DB OBDC Driver and created a System data source on my PC referencing my user and I can connect to the database on the NAS successfully. When I use Database->Connect in ThumbsPlus I get the following error message:

Database Error: "The selected database is not a ThumbsPlus Pro Database. If you are connecting to a client/Server ThumbsPlus Pro database, check with the database Administrator to ensure your Login has appropriate priveleges" Error Message is 5015-8038.

Any idea on how to solve this error ? The user has all possible privileges and connecting to the database works fine, so I really don't know what is missing.

Any help is appreciated...

wingfield

• View Profile
Error when connection to Maria DB on NAS
« Reply #1 on: 2016-04-03 21:35:03 »
Udo,

read the below link and pay attention to the "ansi quotes" part.  this is a killer for anyone using SQL databases, since the program does not check to ensure this setting is properly set.  further, (at least in my case), the default setting for this variable is not what TP requires, so I need to manually set the stupid thing just about everytime I get in to the db; even though I have it coded in my .ini file.

at current, my program doesn't work as their current version for home network has a problem with filling the user count and not resetting when you reboot.  unfortunately, I'm dead in the water; but hopefully this "ansi quotes" setting fixes your issue.

http://forums.cerious.com/forum/index.php?id=4284

David