Author Topic: Kodak FPX files  (Read 3562 times)

jimster

• View Profile
Kodak FPX files
« on: 2017-05-03 17:20:54 »
i have a bunch of *.fpx photos from the early 2000's that i would like to have show up in TP.  does anyone have a solution or suggestion, i do not want to convert these files to jpg or other formats.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kodak FPX files
« Reply #1 on: 2017-05-03 18:07:08 »
> i have a bunch of *.fpx photos from the early 2000's that i would like to have show up in TP.

I thought those would show up by default, but if not, go to options | Preferences | File Types, open the 'image' category and turn on the FPX - Flashpix extension.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

jimster

• View Profile
Kodak FPX files
« Reply #2 on: 2017-05-04 15:39:00 »
the box is checked by default, however none of my fpx files are created as thumbnails within the directory.  i have tried uploading one of my files and the pop up informs me that this is an invalid format...  i would be happy to email several samples if needed.
thank you for your help.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kodak FPX files
« Reply #3 on: 2017-05-04 17:15:18 »
> the box is checked by default, however none of my fpx files are created as thumbnails within the directory.

When you right-click on an .fpx file and choose 'configure type', is the value for 'Load Using' set to 'LEAD Tools'?

That's the default and is supposed to work. If it does not, try setting it to Poly Image and then try to thumbnail those files again.

> i would be happy to email several samples if needed.

Sure - if the above doesn't help, feel free to send me a sample (one should suffice). There should be a little envelope icon next to my name with my email.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

jimster

• View Profile
Kodak FPX files - SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: 2017-05-06 11:32:07 »
it was the switch to poly that did it.  problem solved, thank you for your help