Author Topic: simple questions  (Read 12574 times)

miltk

• View Profile
simple questions
« on: 2014-08-10 05:17:20 »
i use tp5. it serves my needs in the following ways
1...the galleries i can create
2...the "transform" tab and ALL it's options (esp the rotate to line function and the printing options...what a godsend)

i use tp to manipulate all my 1000's of stored image files for use in my creative works of art. i manipulate and print, and that is the reference i use for my art.  i don't use any other functions of tp - i don't categorize or tag any of my works. tp is just a tool for referencing and resource.

so i have a couple of questions
1...is it worth it to get a later version,,,ie,  have there been any improvements on the functions i currently use in tp5.

2...if i do get a later version, which is the optimal one for me and

3...is the td4 file from tp5 applicable to any later version

thx all

Gary

• View Profile
simple questions
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-10 07:18:03 »
> i use tp5. it serves my needs in the following ways
> 1...the galleries i can create
> 2...the "transform" tab and ALL it's options (esp the rotate to line function and the printing options...what a godsend)
>
> i use tp to manipulate all my 1000's of stored image files for use in my creative works of art. i manipulate and print, and that is the reference i use for my art.  i don't use any other functions of tp - i don't categorize or tag any of my works. tp is just a tool for referencing and resource.
>
> so i have a couple of questions
> 1...is it worth it to get a later version,,,ie,  have there been any improvements on the functions i currently use in tp5.
>
> 2...if i do get a later version, which is the optimal one for me and
>
> 3...is the td4 file from tp5 applicable to any later version
>
> thx all

As a test, I just installed TP5 (5.01-R licensed) along side TP7.  I installed TP5 into a unique program files folder and created a unique folder for the TD4 database.  I copied the TP7 database to the TP5 database folder.  I did not copy the .ini file, but instead have been setting the options in TP5 manually.  Everything works great in TP5 (on Win7 64-bit).

I use TP the same way you do (I do use it to find dupes).  So here is my take on your questions ...

1.  Your only choice at this point is TP9, AND THERE ARE NO IMPROVEMENTS based on how you use TP.  You will lose some functionality (i.e. ALT keys to sort thumbnails does not work in TP9) and TP9 is buggy.  IMHO, don't waste your time or money.

2.  See 1.

3.  Your TP5 database would work thru TP7, but not TP9 and beyond.  See 1.

See 1.

Cheers,
Gary

miltk

• View Profile
thx for all your trouble, G *
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-11 14:28:19 »
w