Author Topic: Digicam plug-in failed to load error for PDF file  (Read 4420 times)

aslaksen

• View Profile
I am able to make thumbnails for PDF files using the plugin, but one of my files gives me an error about Digicam plug-in failed to load. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Digicam plug-in failed to load error for PDF file
« Reply #1 on: 2016-10-06 16:10:23 »
That's weird, Digicam has nothing to do with PDF files. Are you sure it's a valid PDF file - can you view it in Adobe Reader and watch the properties there?
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

aslaksen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-10-06 18:23:59 »
Exactly! It opens no problem in Acrobat reader, and the security settings look normal. The first page seems to be a picture, but why should that confuse T+?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-10-06 18:51:33 »
> Exactly! It opens no problem in Acrobat reader, and the security settings look normal. The first page seems to be a picture, but why should that confuse T+?

I've never had this error, but I suspect that when *any* plug-in fails to load a file, you get the 'Digicam' error because that was the first plug-in and they haven't updated the error message to show the other plug-in names. Well, just a theory.

As to why this particular file didn't load.. heaven knows. You could try loading it into Ghostscript Viewer, maybe it will show a more detailed error. ThumbsPlus itself doesn't process the file, its plugin simply tells Ghostscript to turn it into a bitmap and then it loads the bitmap. Not all PDF files can be processed by Ghostscript, but the large majority can.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

aslaksen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-10-07 03:01:52 »
Good point!

It opened beautifully in GSview, too!

YvesDurand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-12-24 04:02:57 »
> I am able to make thumbnails for PDF files using the plugin, but one of my files gives me an error about Digicam plug-in failed to load. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have the same problem for few of my PDF files.

I can display them by hitting shift-enter (edit) instead of enter