Author Topic: File Save As - forget's the previous folder  (Read 2619 times)

Frolin Marek

• View Profile
File Save As - forget's the previous folder
« on: 2014-03-08 21:48:12 »
When I go to edit a bunch of select pictures, I revise and crop and then do a 'File - Save As' and give them a new name and save to a different folder.

As example, in the folder Vacation July 2013, I have two sub-folders, one called 'Originals' and one called 'Revised'.  The originals has several hundred original pictures files, where the Revised is the handful I pick to edit, crop and then share.

So I go open Pic00015 from the originals sub-folder. then edit and crop and do a 'Save As' in to the Revised folder calling it Vac2013-A.  Then I go open the next picture file I want to edit, crop and then 'Save As' and call it Vac2013-B.

In past, it would remember, to place the Save As file in the revised folder.  It remembered where I put the last Save As file.  So all I had to do going forward after the first Save As was done, was simple Save As, and it placed the following new pictures in that Revised folder.

Can't find the setting, or did the new Build change or break the option, because now every time I do a 'Save As' it defaults to the current Originals folder.  So with every photo edit I have to go change folders again to Revised.

Is this a setting I can't find, or another thing broken with a recent update ?

Frolin