Author Topic: TP9 SP1 Build 3938 'Assign User Fields' down arrows missing  (Read 2817 times)

Jan

• View Profile
Eventually picked up the courage to upgrade from TP7SP2 to TP9SP1 (installation all in one). Have converted my old td4 database to tpd8. However, when I tried to index new thumbnails, the following problem is encountered. If MORE THAN ONE new thumbnail is selected (to add similar information), and I click "Thumbnail" > "Assign User Fields..." the form with fields to fill out appears on screen. However, it is somewhat stretched horizontally (or perhaps it is bigger in TP9?) but the down arrow of the drop-down lists towards the right hand side of each field do not show---or only occasionally and randomly (regardless of whether the field's checkbox has been ticked). I also do not see the cursor when I want to type the information in a particular field--but the characters do appear when typing. This inability to make use of the drop-down lists is very frustrating when you want to enter existing information in the user fields.

Any help would be appreciated.

Braam

• View Profile
TP9 SP1 Build 3938 'Assign User Fields' down arrows missing
« Reply #1 on: 2014-06-27 16:14:12 »
Having experienced similar problems, Support at Cerious Software has acknowledged that this is a known bug in TP9SP1 Build 3938; they hope to have it fixed in a future build. I have found the following easy/quick way to work around the problem. When the faulty "Assign User Fields" window pops up, do the following:

1. Go to the first field and DOUBLE click where the drop down arrow is suppose to be (in the far right hand corner); nothing happens.

2. Now go to the second field and click ONCE where its down arrow should be. This restores the down arrow in field one and the cursor now also appears in field one.

Information can now be entered in the normal way and all the fields and their drop down arrows are responsive.

3. To scroll down to those fields (if you have many) lower down that are not visible in the window, use the TAB key (the scroll bar is apparently missing; though sometimes present as a thin, almost invisible vertical line).

Jan

• View Profile
TP9 SP1 Build 3938 'Assign User Fields' down arrows missing
« Reply #2 on: 2014-06-28 04:20:41 »
Thanks very much for sharing your solution to the problem; it works for me!