Author Topic: TP9SP2 Issues  (Read 4277 times)

bryan_s_walker@yahoo.com

• View Profile
TP9SP2 Issues
« on: 2015-03-10 18:38:34 »
I applied the TP9SP2 update & it totally blew away my configuration! All of my preferences are gone & back to default & it disconnected me from my MS-SQL DB.

Upon attempting to get my preferences back I am almost there, however now my folders in my hierarchy are showing up in the Thumbnail view (see attached). I never had this before & don't know how it happened to end up this way, however I do not like it and do not want my folders to show in the Thumbnail pane. Anybody know how to stop this from happening?

Another issue that I cannot seem to locate is I typically change the "White" background color in my folder list as well as the Thumbnail background to a darker color & I am not finding this setting either.

Anybody?

TIA

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TP9SP2 Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2015-03-10 19:09:40 »
> I do not like it and do not want my folders to show in the Thumbnail pane.

Try turning Options | Preferences | Thumbnail View |  Display Folders off.

> Another issue that I cannot seem to locate is I typically change the "White" background color in my folder list as well as the Thumbnail background to a darker color & I am not finding this setting either.

There's Options | Customize | Tab:Colors, and Window | Theme.

I hope this helps!
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

bryan_s_walker@yahoo.com

• View Profile
TP9SP2 Issues
« Reply #2 on: 2015-03-10 19:43:31 »
Thanks Daan,

I located almost everything except to change the color of the background in my folder list, it's still white & drives me bonkers.

One other thing I am not locating is along the bottom left status bar it would always show me how many files were in the selected folder, now that is not there either & for the life of me I can't find the setting.

Thanks again Daan, much appreciated!

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TP9SP2 Issues
« Reply #3 on: 2015-03-10 20:12:17 »
> One other thing I am not locating is along the bottom left status bar it would always show me how many files were in the selected folder, now that is not there either & for the life of me I can't find the setting.

When you right-click on the status bar, you can turn items on and off.

It that doesn't work and you feel slightly adventurous, you could open Thumbs9.config in a text editor (while TP is not running) and see if there's a line in it that starts with "

Save the file, relaunch TP and see if that has worked.

bryan_s_walker@yahoo.com

• View Profile
TP9SP2 Issues
« Reply #4 on: 2015-03-10 21:00:34 »
Thanks again Daan, most helpful! I had to edit the config file to get the status bar acting properly but that's no big deal.

Only issue I have left is the color behind my folder list is still white & I'm still not finding the place to change it.

The Customize | Colors settings shows "Online folder colors" "Offline folder colors"
and "Thumbnail view (file list) colors" which I thought would be the one to set the folder list color, however after making a few alterations to this setting my folder list background color never changed. You have any suggestions or know where this setting is located?

Thanks again, you have been very helpful!!

Bryan

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TP9SP2 Issues
« Reply #5 on: 2015-03-10 21:36:00 »
> Only issue I have left is the color behind my folder list is still white & I'm still not finding the place to change it.

Well, in Options | Customize | Colors you can set the background color for the thumbnail listing, and then mark the option below that to use the same background color for the other panes, including the tree. If that's not what you had, there might be a theme under Window | Theme that you used? I can't think of any other solution off the top of my head..

Gary

• View Profile
TP9SP2 Issues
« Reply #6 on: 2015-03-11 09:57:33 »
I like the "Thumbs Plus default" theme.  I change the colors as the attached.  The thumbnail view background is set to #595959 (RGB each set to 89).  It is a wonderful shade of grey that I found from another source.  Easier on the eyes than the glaring white background.

Cheers,
Gary

aslaksen

• View Profile
TP9SP2 Issues
« Reply #7 on: 2015-03-19 08:24:45 »
Thanks! This just saved my day!