Author Topic: Database Conversion Thumbsplus 7 to 9: Store thumbnails in F  (Read 2566 times)

Christian

• View Profile
I converted the T+-dtabase from T7 (MS-Access-format) to T9 with the option "store thumbnails in files". I hoped to shrink the database size (nearly 1,8 GB in T7 with 37600 thumbnails near the 2 GB-limit of MS-Access)).
Instead of this hope: the databe in T9 (.tpdb8) wwas LARGER then before (2 GB). I openend the databse in MS-Access and found an OLE-Field "Thumbnail" in the "Thumbnail"-Table. I exported the table to a new Test-Database, deleted the field from the tabel and comperssd the database. Result: this OLE-Field needs about 1,2 GB space, more than 60% percent of the total database!
So obviously the thumbnails are stored in the database AND in the several subfolders of "tpdb_files". So the procedure makes no sense for me:-(
Now i can try the follwing: running a python script as in the tipps and tricks section ( http://forums.cerious.com/forum/index.php?mode=thread&id=484 ) or make the import a second time and then the python script. Anny tipp or help?