Author Topic: Registration Issue  (Read 3195 times)

macmcd

Registration Issue
« on: 2011-07-28 08:58:56 »
I recently replaced the hard drive in my lap top and re-installed TP7. However, when I entered the registration information I used the name with which I registered TP8 but the correct serial for TP7 and clicked "Okay" before I had noticed. I now have an evaluation copy and can't edit the registration info (Help|Enter Registration Info...) as it reverts each time to the original name that I entered. Is there a way to fix this?

Carla Lopez

Registration Issue
« Reply #1 on: 2011-11-12 00:47:31 »
Did you ever get an answer to your question? I too have a similar problem. I got a new laptop and want to install TP on it, but when I downloaded the trial it doesn't let me put my registration number in. What's up?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Registration Issue
« Reply #2 on: 2011-11-12 01:09:07 »
I didn't try this, but when you run regedit.exe to open and edit your registry (if you're not uncomfortable doing that), there should be an entry for version 7.0 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cerious Software Inc.  

Within that are three fields (keys) that store the name, code and number of users. Maybe you can edit the name there (or delete those keys), then exit regedit, launch TP7 and see if it will let you enter the correct details. I'd make a system checkpoint first so you can restore the system to its current state if things don't work out.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Registration Issue
« Reply #3 on: 2011-11-12 01:10:48 »
Also.. be sure to use the exact user name and code as they were communicated to you when you bought your license.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.