Author Topic: Web page wizard  (Read 3966 times)

Johannes Leckebusch

• View Profile
Web page wizard
« on: 2018-06-26 14:27:51 »
Î downloaded the version 10 SP2 Build 4015 and again tried to create web pages from galleries with it ...

Still it is not possible just to generate a web gallery with the option "current folder", but with "Selected files only" and selecting all files ... it starts.

But then there is still an old, trivial bug: I select tif files (corrected with Adobe PS) and use the option "Convert images to .jpg". Running the process, it generates the htm-files in the selected directories, converts the .tif to .jpg, creates the thumbnail pages, but the links in the htm-files for the single pictures to show are:

image_nrx.tif

not

image_nrx.jpg,

so no pictures can be seen in the browser! This bug is much older than a year, I told it one and a half year before, it was recognized - but never corrected.

What is the problem with such a simple bug?

Johannes Leckebusch, Germany/Bavaria

Lots of web galleries, still created with TP 7 Pro:

http://www.johannes-leckebusch.de/Fotogalerien/Alltag54/index.htm

reachable from:

http://www.johannes-leckebusch.de/Fotogalerien/alltag.html

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Web page wizard
« Reply #1 on: 2018-06-26 18:19:13 »
> so no pictures can be seen in the browser! This bug is much older than a year, I told it one and a half year before, it was recognized - but never corrected.

That's not good.. if I were you, I'd send a gentle reminder to support@cerious.com.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Johannes Leckebusch

• View Profile
Web page wizard
« Reply #2 on: 2018-06-30 17:38:08 »
> > so no pictures can be seen in the browser! This bug is much older than a year, I told it one and a half year before, it was recognized - but never corrected.
>
> That's not good.. if I were you, I'd send a gentle reminder to support@cerious.com.

I've send them another mail these days - but got no answer.

I believe, they are absolutely dead and not interested in feeding their earlier customers with useful working versions of their software.

Obviously I must search for some other software with active devolopers.

Johannes Leckebusch

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Web page wizard
« Reply #3 on: 2018-06-30 19:39:55 »
> I believe, they are absolutely dead and not interested in feeding their earlier customers with useful working versions of their software.

A new version was released just 2 two weeks ago. See [link=http://www.cerious.com/release_notes10sp2.shtml]here[/link] for new features and bug fixes.

> Obviously I must search for some other software with active devolopers.

Good luck finding it. Meanwhile, the bug that you found is very easy to work around until it's fixed, or you can continue to use v7.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.