Author Topic: 'Assign User Fields Window' | Fixed at Last!  (Read 3966 times)

Jan

• View Profile
'Assign User Fields Window' | Fixed at Last!
« on: 2015-10-16 02:43:20 »
The long-standing problem [msg]3631[/msg] with the display of the window in which one assigns user-defined fields (with more than one file selected at the same time) has been fixed in TP 10 Build 4004! Following months of denial by Support that there is a problem (some of the exchanges on this Forum about the matter have since mysteriously disappeared), it has finally dawned on Cerious that this was after all a bug in the programme. Thank you Cerious for having corrected this frustrating problem!

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
'Assign User Fields Window' | Fixed at Last!
« Reply #1 on: 2015-10-19 15:06:24 »
Cerious Software never denied that this was a problem! We just couldn't reproduce it.

The fact that there were only 2 or 3 reports of this behavior and hours of testing on my part to no avail - it was one of those issues that couldn't be addressed.

I saw it happen once. Then I couldn't make it happen again. Since I do so much testing I didn't know what caused it and I couldn't duplicate it again.

Last week, with help from a very nice Cerious Software customer I was able to make a few UDF entry problems happen, all connected with the same bug. Once I knew how to recreate it I was able to show the programmer and he promptly fixed it!

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE:

As I announced last week, if you have problems, bug reports, suggestions, crashes, the route to receive technical support is to write support@cerious.com

When you send a message to support@cerious.com you will be assigned a case number and I will respond with questions, answers and suggestions. The correspondence stays with the case, it can be searched for and I stick with the issue until it is resolved.

These groups are for ThumbsPlus users to help each other. I am going to do my best to drop by as often as possible. If you see an issue here that you think Cerious Software needs to respond to please e-mail me at support@cerious.com so that I know to come by and try to help.

Kind regards,
Laura Shook
Cerious Software, Inc.