Author Topic: Better multimonitor handling of view windows  (Read 3938 times)

WarnerYoung

• View Profile
Better multimonitor handling of view windows
« on: 2011-06-10 14:56:58 »
I find the current options for "Monitor for view windows" to be counter-intuitive.  In addition to the choices of "All", "Same" and 1 to N, I think an option that would really help would be something like "current".  I'm not sure what the best name should be, but it would work this way:

1) When opening a view window from the ThumbsPlus main window, open it on the monitor that contains the mouse cursor.

2) When resizing a view window, keep the view window on the monitor that it's already on.  If the view window spans more than 1 monitor, then either figure out which monitor holds a larger part of the view window and use that, or use any/all monitors that intersect the view window.

The problem I'm running into is mainly with case #2.  I open a view window and move it to either monitor 2 or monitor 3.  Then I resize it by pressing Z.  If I have my monitor option set to All, the view window doesn't get constrained within the current display.  If I have to set to "Same", then the view window keeps moving back to the monitor with the ThumbsPlus main window.  What I would like is to have the view window stay on the monitor I put it in.

hfremuth

• View Profile
Better multimonitor handling of view windows
« Reply #1 on: 2011-06-10 18:44:30 »
Like that - great suggestion, IMHO.  ;-)