Author Topic: Thumbnail creation of .cpt file stops folder processing  (Read 2808 times)

lsimpson50

• View Profile
I just upgraded from tp7 to tp9.  [windows 7]

When I click on a photo folder the thumbnails start populating until it hits a .cpt file.  Then it stops populating even though there are many .jpgs following the .cpt.

This did not happen with tp7.  I think it just skipped (ignored) the .cpt files and made thumbnails of all other files in a folder.

I have looked at preferences and it claims that .cpt is a recognized extension (under the "all" category).  I'm even fine with it skipping .cpt extensions (as tp7 did) as I have very few, but I would like all other .jpgs following it processed.

I've looked through the preferences options and don't see what I need to make this happen.  

Lee

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thumbnail creation of .cpt file stops folder processing
« Reply #1 on: 2014-05-05 16:55:33 »
You can remove or disable .cpt files through that same Filetypes dialog. They're a subtype of TIF in the Images category.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

lsimpson50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-05-07 17:06:08 »
Thanks for the tip.  I unchecked file type .cpt and the program proceeded to make the rest of the thumbnails.

The works for me, but won't for someone who wants to see the .cpt files along with all other.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-07 18:26:50 »
> The works for me, but won't for someone who wants to see the .cpt files along with all other.

They'll just have to set up a different opening method for those files in the filetype definitions (right-click on a file of that type and choose Configure Type).

Corel Photopaint files were TIFF-compatible until CPT v6, and you'll probably be able to open those with a "Load Using" value of Internal or Poly Image (or keep the default setting of Equivalent to TIFF). For more recent .cpt files, which are in a proprietary format that nobody but Corel can read, an OLE connection to Corel Photopaint might do the trick.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.