Author Topic: Moving multiple folders simultaneously  (Read 4300 times)

Jens Rieger

• View Profile
Moving multiple folders simultaneously
« on: 2015-11-14 02:14:19 »
Hi,
at the moment I reorganize my picture database using TP 10. That means I move or delete a lot of folders. Is it possible to move or delete multiple folders simultaneously? It's a feature I really miss or haven't discovered.

greetings

Jens

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2015-11-14 14:41:52 »
> at the moment I reorganize my picture database using TP 10. That means I move or delete a lot of folders. Is it possible to move or delete multiple folders simultaneously?

I don't know how reliable this is, but: Click on the Filter button (funnel symbol) above your thumbnail listing and choose 'include folders'. This will show a thumbnail in the listing for each subfolder. Now you can select these (multiple) subfolders and drag/drop or move/copy/delete them.

When I tried this in my build 4001 on XP, ThumbsPlus still showed the moved folders in their original folder afterwards (as well as in their new folder, where they actually were), even after a Ctrl-F5 (refresh). It only cleaned them up after I clicked on one of them. However the drag/drop operation itself had been successful.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-11-15 13:18:15 »
> > at the moment I reorganize my picture database using TP 10. That means I move or delete a lot of folders. Is it possible to move or delete multiple folders simultaneously?
>
> I don't know how reliable this is, but: Click on the Filter button (funnel symbol) above your thumbnail listing and choose 'include folders'. This will show a thumbnail in the listing for each subfolder. Now you can select these (multiple) subfolders and drag/drop or move/copy/delete them.
>
> When I tried this in my build 4001 on XP, ThumbsPlus still showed the moved folders in their original folder afterwards (as well as in their new folder, where they actually were), even after a Ctrl-F5 (refresh). It only cleaned them up after I clicked on one of them. However the drag/drop operation itself had been successful.

I tried this on Win7 with Build 4004 and it seemed to work fine.  I display folder thumbnails, so I just selected a couple of folder thumbnails and moved them.  The files moved along with the image thumbnails, but the folder thumbnails had to be refreshed as you indicated.

Good call Daan.

Jens Rieger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-11-16 15:46:11 »
Works fine for me, too. Excactly what I was looking for!
Thanks for your help guys!!

greetings
Jens

aslaksen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-12-11 16:50:03 »
Thanks! I never thought of that!