Author Topic: Move Thumbnails back into DB  (Read 3759 times)

Street Mann

• View Profile
Move Thumbnails back into DB
« on: 2019-01-30 20:36:52 »
My DB currently has the thumbnails stored in files. I see there is an optiong to move thumbnails to files, but is there an  option/way to move the thumbs back into the DB. I am finding that thumbnail loading is a bit slow and also when I scroll the thumbnails the display lags when scrolling in the foreward direction but not when scrolling in the backwards direction.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Move Thumbnails back into DB
« Reply #1 on: 2019-01-30 21:08:12 »
I see there is an option to move thumbnails to files, but is there an option/way to move the thumbs back into the DB.

I'm afraid there isn't (other than setting up a new database).

I am finding that thumbnail loading is a bit slow and also when I scroll the thumbnails the display lags when scrolling in the foreward direction but not when scrolling in the backwards direction.

Some other things that you could try to speed up browsing your thumbnails:
  • Display no or just a few user fields in the thumbnail listing.
  • In Options | Preferences | Thumbnail view, Turn off color management (Options | Viewing | Color Management also has an on/off switch for the thumbnail view.. not sure if that's the same setting. I have both off, myself).
  • In Options | Preferences | Advanced, you can set a larger database buffer.

I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Street Mann

• View Profile
Re: Move Thumbnails back into DB
« Reply #2 on: 2019-02-01 16:38:27 »
No Joy ... Converting my old DB to t10 version with thumbs stored inside DB this time  .. we will see if that runs faster ...  19 hrs of conversion done so far. About 4 more hours left to finish!

YAY :P

Update maybe now just a couple hours ...
« Last Edit: 2019-02-01 21:46:00 by Street Mann »