Author Topic: Newbie question re zipped files  (Read 3194 times)

skoot

• View Profile
Newbie question re zipped files
« on: 2016-11-01 04:58:49 »
Hi,

I have just started using ThumbsPlus Pro and because I have a large number of files on my external backup drives, scanning takes a long time. So I leave the PC scanning overnight.

In the morning, I see a message asking me to enter the password of a password protected zipped file the scan has found.

I would like to know:

How can I set the options so that it will not automatically ask me the password for password protected zipped files?

In addition, can I get a log file of the scan which will show me which zipped files have NOT been examined (because they needed a password entered)

Thanks for any help.

Skoot

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2016-11-01 06:22:01 »
> How can I set the options so that it will not automatically ask me the password for password protected zipped files?

I don't think you can.

But are you sure that you want TP to look inside zipfiles at all? If not, you can disable the 'Display zip files as folders' option in Options | Preferences | Disks & Folders.

> In addition, can I get a log file of the scan which will show me which zipped files have NOT been examined (because they needed a password entered)

I'm not sure (haven't tried) but according to the help file you can put "-log" on the command line (edit your TP shortcut) to make the program log errors in either the program folder or your TEMP folder, and hopefully that log will include the zip files that it could not access.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

skoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-11-01 18:13:08 »
Thank you Daan

That's very helpful

Skoot