Author Topic: List of available keywords in TP10  (Read 3644 times)

Dokikik

• View Profile
List of available keywords in TP10
« on: 2017-11-15 12:32:30 »
How can I get a list of the 2833 keywords in my .tbdb8 data base as text (or excel) file output - similar to "build list" under "database / find..." in ThumbsPlus 10?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2017-11-15 18:36:35 »
> How can I get a list of the 2833 keywords in my .tbdb8 data base as text (or excel) file output - similar to "build list" under "database / find..." in ThumbsPlus 10?

Alex Nolan's free MDB Viewer Plus utility ([link=http://www.alexnolan.net/software/mdb_viewer_plus.htm]link[/link]) allows you to open MDB-type databases, such as your thumbs.tpdb8 file, and do all sorts of things with them. Open your database in it, go to the Keyword table and use Table > Export.

Alternatively there are utilities like [link=http://rammichael.com/textify]Textify[/link] that allow you to grab text from various windows and dialogs, but I've never tried those. Maybe that would allow you to grab the contents of ThumbsPlus' "Database | Edit Keywords" dialog.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Dokikik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-11-16 11:21:01 »
Thank you very very much for your suggestions, Daan. I will tell about my experiences.

Dokikik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-11-16 13:42:23 »
Thank you very much again, Daan. With your help it took me less than 5 minutes and I had the keywords in a CALC-file.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-11-16 14:31:13 »
Good to hear - thanks for the feedback! :-)
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.