Author Topic: Geotagging support in future versions of TP?  (Read 4627 times)

mbt

• View Profile
Geotagging support in future versions of TP?
« on: 2018-03-27 07:34:08 »
Hi folks, I am considering investing into a good DAM software and after checking 6-7 different programs feel that TP suits my needs better than competitors.
However, before putting significant amount of money into perpetual pro license I would like to know if Cerious has geotagging functionality at least in road-map fro TP 11?
For me it is the most important missing feature and it would be great to be able to see photos on the scalable G-map within the application in the way it's implemented e.g. in Digikam or Paintshop Pro.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2018-03-27 11:49:15 »
I agree that would be a great feature to have, but no announcements about v11's functionality have been made yet (that I know of).

Alternatively, if you have an external app that can do this, you can make a button for it in TP's toolbar, so the app will be launched with the file under the cursor when you press the button. Not as fast or convenient, but maybe an acceptable work-around.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

mbt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-03-27 12:00:15 »
Daan, thank you for reply and suggestion! Looks like I have to keep PSP for creating screenshots of actual image displayed next to the satellite view of the map. I was hoping that AcdSee 2018 (which has built-in mapping) can be on pair with TP but it fails short in terms of speed and features.

Street Mann

• View Profile
Re: Geotagging support in future versions of TP?
« Reply #3 on: 2019-01-16 15:35:20 »
Daan, thank you for reply and suggestion! Looks like I have to keep PSP for creating screenshots of actual image displayed next to the satellite view of the map. I was hoping that AcdSee 2018 (which has built-in mapping) can be on pair with TP but it fails short in terms of speed and features.

Hummm .. what program should I look into to get this ability. I am assuming geotagging means taking the gps out of the image metadata sn then showitn an icon on a map and showing the photo on a satelite or map view????

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-01-16 16:31:33 »
I am assuming geotagging means taking the gps out of the image metadata

No, in contrary - it means adding the geographical coordinates of where the photo was taken to its metadata.

Some cameras (and many smartphones) do this automatically. Many others don't, and then you have to use a smartphone app or a dedicated GPS logging device to keep track of your location while you shoot images. The geotagging program can then use that data to geotag your image files.

Hummm .. what program should I look into to get this ability.

Google will show many suggestions.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Street Mann

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-01-16 17:56:01 »
Oh I get it.. I have used a GPS mounted to my camera for years to that gps info is already there.

Aubrey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-02-23 14:32:02 »
Check out IMatch from Photools.com another DAM.

Reverse geotagging is standard