Author Topic: TP9 viewer can't display 16-bit greyscale TIFFs  (Read 2900 times)

Nick Payne

• View Profile
TP9 viewer can't display 16-bit greyscale TIFFs
« on: 2015-04-26 02:40:23 »
I have quite a lot of medium format film scanned as 16-bit TIFF files - those which were originally B&W images I converted to 16-bit greyscale in Photoshop in order to save a couple of hundred megabytes per image, as the 16-bit RGB TIFFs are around 300Mb each.

TP9 - current version, build 3946 - thumbnails these 16-bit greyscale TIFFs without any problem, but when I try to open any of them in the TP9 viewer, I just get a blank black window. If I convert one of them back to 16-bit RGB in Photoshop, then the TP9 viewer can show them without any problem.

The same 16-bit greyscale images display without any problem in Windows Photo Viewer, Photoshop, and Lightroom.

OS is Windows 8.1 x64, video card is nVidia Quadro K2200 with the current nVidia driver.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TP9 viewer can't display 16-bit greyscale TIFFs
« Reply #1 on: 2015-04-26 10:37:42 »
I'm seeing the same thing here and strangely it doesn't matter whether Load Using in the filetype configuration is set to Internal or Polyimage (both of which should work). So it might be a generic problem with 16b greyscale images.

You may want to report this by e-mail to lshook@cerious.com (since Cerious staff don't regularly check here).
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.