Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
This is just an "I'm sad" post.  I started using TP in one of the earliest (ca. early 1997) versions.  Every once in a while, I check in here to see if Cerious has risen from the ashes....but....no joy.  27 years.  Sigh.  [sniffle]

We didn't even get a chance to say, "Goodbye."  It was nice knowing you folks. 

Regs, Connie
General Discussion / Re: Is ThumbsPlus still in business?
« Last post by Gary on 2024-01-20 23:51:52 »
Back in 2017, I paid $60.00 for a perpetual license over and above what I paid for version 10.  And crickets.  What angers me is we are stuck with the last update to version 10 that is riddled with bugs and nothing of the promised version 11.  I hope the folks at Cerious are well, but they sure went out on a very sour note.
« Last post by JoeVA63 on 2024-01-10 16:46:33 »
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have a Facebook account, and it looks like Facebook would be useless considering the last post was on December 20, 2018.  It's as if they just disappeared off the face of the earth and none of the email accounts I have sent emails to are replying at all.  This is very suspicious and I used to respect them for their prompt replies to emails, etc.  Now, nothing at all. 
« Last post by Daan van Rooijen on 2024-01-10 16:17:34 »
Sorry to hear it! I have no idea either. Maybe you can contact Cerious on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ThumbsPlus). Owner and chief developer Phillip Crews is on FB too.
General Discussion / Is ThumbsPlus still in business?
« Last post by JoeVA63 on 2024-01-10 13:20:51 »
Has anyone been able to contact ANYONE at ThumbsPlus about anything?  I have been trying to get assistance on some issues regarding a purchase and another issue and no one at TP is answering any emails.  I also tried calling the phone number shown on their website and that number apparently is disconnected and non-existent.  This is getting very frustrating.  I guess the good news so far is none of the emails I have sent have bounced back saying they are undeliverable because the email address does not exist.  But seriously, it's getting very frustrating no one responds to any emails and their phone number is disconnected.

I don't know if it is appropriate but if someone has a working phone number for them, I'd appreciate it.  The 704-529-XXXX number they have posed on their website is disconnected!
General Discussion / Re: renaming all my source files
« Last post by miltk on 2023-11-04 17:22:20 »
since i wanted to simply rename the files but keep the galleries and assigned galleries intact as well as whatever keywords have been created, i thought i had to rename them in tp5. i thought if i renamed the files in windows things would get messed up.

Correct!

well that didn't happen. i hilited all the files in the source folder, and while the option was there, i got an error message saying i could not rename

Is that all that it said? I guess that might happen if some of the files are read-only or otherwise write-protected.

i will take a snapshot of the error message...my mistake for forgetting
General Discussion / Re: renaming all my source files
« Last post by Daan van Rooijen on 2023-11-04 17:06:07 »
since i wanted to simply rename the files but keep the galleries and assigned galleries intact as well as whatever keywords have been created, i thought i had to rename them in tp5. i thought if i renamed the files in windows things would get messed up.

Correct!

well that didn't happen. i hilited all the files in the source folder, and while the option was there, i got an error message saying i could not rename

Is that all that it said? I guess that might happen if some of the files are read-only or otherwise write-protected.
General Discussion / renaming all my source files
« Last post by miltk on 2023-11-04 16:15:00 »
over the years the naming and thus the order on my source files(as i mentioned earlier they are image files for my work) have gotten messy. files i started out naming in one way when i first used tp5,,,to a file system i started naming to make more sense of everything,,,to misnamed files.

so i decided to rename all of them and clean up everything. so i used a computer i never use to create a test tp5 to make sure it would work.

was my thinking correct and if so why did i get the error message?
General Discussion / Re: what the heck happened
« Last post by miltk on 2023-11-04 16:04:45 »
everything is fine now and the thumbnails are gone. i cant remember what i did if i did anything oh well

i should have done more experimentation with those rogue files
General Discussion / Re: what the heck happened
« Last post by Daan van Rooijen on 2023-11-03 04:37:20 »
anyway i wanted to know where these 14files came from, and yes they are my files. they should not be there at the top of the image folder when i open tp5. it should be newest to oldest.

If the order is 'numeric' as I think you said earlier, then the filenames (not dates) would determine their order. If that's not the case, I can think of only three possible (but not very likely..) explanations:

1) Maybe the sort order is not set to the 'last modified' date (i.e. the time/date stamp of the files in the filesystem), but to a user field that gets its value from the 'original date/time' EXIF field stored inside the image files.

2) If a) the sort order setting of the thumbnail listing has the 'thumbnails last' option set, and b) thumbnails are created automatically as you browse folders, and c) those images were new to that folder.. then those files might show ahead of other thumbnails, but they should take their proper position when you refresh the listing (F5) or when you visit it a 2nd time.

3) If something went wrong with the creation of those thumbnails, they may also show ahead of other thumbnails. In rare cases this happens with corrupted files or files that TP isn't fully compatible with. That seems unlikely here because they were JPGs, but if the problem is persistent, you could try this with one of those JPG files: View the file in TP and press Ctrl+C to copy the image to the clipboard. Then exit the viewer and use the 'Thumbnail | Make from Clipboard' command to make a new thumbnail for it based on the image that now resides on the clipboard (this thumbnail should be 100% fine). Then press F5 to refresh the thumbnail listing and it should be shown at its proper position.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10