Author Topic: Dynamicall shape of a Web Gallerie  (Read 3834 times)

mschnell

• View Profile
Dynamicall shape of a Web Gallerie
« on: 2016-08-23 16:37:24 »
With TP7 we excessively use Web Galleries to create content on multiple websites.

Here these Galleries are embedded either in html-frames or in iframes.

Now - as websites need to run on mobile devices ("portrait" and "landscape" layout) - the static layout of the web galleries is not appropriate any more.

Does the new Version of TP allow for creating dynamically shaping web gallery layouts ?

Thanks,
-Michael

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2016-08-23 18:14:16 »
I don't think the web wizard has changed between v7 and v10. I'm not aware of anyone making dynamically auto-reformatting pages using the web wizard, but it may be just a question of making your own templates.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

mschnell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-08-24 01:14:55 »
Thanks,

Due to requests from our customers, we are forced to provide dynamically shaping websites. Right now several of them will order a new design for the stuff we did for them.

I do suppose that this is something that will hit many more companies that offer such service and if they use TP they are in the same situation as we are.

So its good to hear that you think it can be done by just modifying the templates. I already did modify some templates (slightly) for the aesthetic needs of our customers. But I think the task in question will need an in depth revision - if possible.

Of course it would be very appropriate for TP to come with such kind of templates.

Does the newest version of TP come with the same set of templates as TP7 ?

Is the format of the Templates (definition of the "variables") unchanged ?

I would have assumed that working on templates would be something the new software would do in Python, so it would be not unlikely that something could have changed on that behalf.

Thanks again,
-Michael

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-08-24 04:31:53 »
> So its good to hear that you think it can be done by just modifying the templates.

Actually, I said "it may be just a question of making your own templates". In other words, there may be a chance that it can be done, but I am not certain. In the past, people have managed to build self-running javascript-based slideshows using the web wizard, so maybe you can find a way to build auto-reformatting pages too.

> Does the newest version of TP come with the same set of templates as TP7 ?
> Is the format of the Templates (definition of the "variables") unchanged ?

Yes, it looks like they're all the same (same filenames, same 2001-2004 filedates). Again, I don't think anything has changed since v7.

I don't know what's involved in creating a dynamically reformatting page, but the biggest problem may be that (according to the TP7 help file), the thumbnails on a page are output as a single table (at a location in the page where you put the {{Thumbnails}} token), and I don't know how much you can change about that table:

[*]{{Thumbnails}}
    [*] The thumbnail table itself. The wizard includes options to specify the width (in columns), the height (in rows), and the border size for the thumbnail table. You can also specify the size of thumbnails, and which information will be shown for each file.[/list]

mschnell

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: 2016-09-23 15:44:35 »
    I finally created an appropriate Reaper template and manually (I'll do an appropriate program soon) removing the table tags from the index page.

It adopts automatically to portrait and landscape formats and IMHO this looks rather nice in a decent range of resolutions:

http://www.jessica-krieg.de/galerie/

-Michael

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: 2016-09-23 17:57:44 »
    Congratulations, very nice work!