Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
General Discussion / deleting orphaned FOLDERS
« Last post by miltk on 2023-10-24 06:42:05 »
i have greyed out FOLDERS i want to kill but i only see right-click menu for files.
these folders are empty. how do i do it,,,thx

btw,,,i use tp5. yes i know...it's OLD old. i feel safe using it :D :D :D

General Discussion / ThumbsPlus alternatives
« Last post by Teeple on 2023-10-10 09:54:39 »
Good morning.
I'm wondering if anyone has discovered a good substitute program to use in place of TP? Although I love the program, TP does not support thumbnail creation of newer image file types and I'm unable to find a satisfactory work around for this. I have Lightroom but have not yet used this to catalogue and mange my images.
Any suggestions are appreciate!
Thanks,
Ralph
I'd try again after rebooting the PC.
If that doesn't help, run TP with elevated rights (as admin). Re-enter your license details.
If that doesn't help either, reinstall, but run the installer with elevated rights.
ThumbsPlus v10 Questions / your session is not active error
« Last post by wingfield on 2023-08-01 16:05:23 »
Hello,

I'm moving thumbs to a new computer.  it seems to have worked in that the app opens; but after a short time, I get the below message.  any thoughts on how to get red of this??

"your session is not active in the thumbspus pro database for multi-user license validation.  the database may be unreachable or damaged, or your computer was not able to check in for 5 minutes.

at that point, the app closes.

thoughts???
ThumbsPlus v10 Questions / Re: Window size and position on startup
« Last post by aslaksen on 2023-05-27 18:04:40 »
Thanks for all your suggestions. Somehow it works now. Maybe I just had to restart it? Strange, but it works, so I'm happy.
Are there any relevant options in the properties of the ThumbsPlus shortcut on your desktop?

Are you using any monitor/desktop management software (that may have come with your videocard) ?
ThumbsPlus v10 Questions / Re: Window size and position on startup
« Last post by aslaksen on 2023-05-26 19:05:46 »
Thanks, I tried that, but it doesn't work. I have rotated my monitor into portrait mode, so I want it to start up filling the whole monitor. Instead, it starts up on the right monitor, but with a size matching the notebook. Which means that it extends over into the notebook (which is on the right hand side).

Helmer
See Options | Viewing | Window.
ThumbsPlus v10 Questions / Window size and position on startup
« Last post by aslaksen on 2023-05-26 09:14:57 »
I just had to reinstall on my notebook PC. I have two monitors, and I want my big external monitor to be my main monitor. In the past, TP started on my external monitor, but I can't get it to work now. I can't remember what I did in the past. I tried to use the Options -> Preferences -> Startup setting, but TP still started on my notebook. I went to Windows 10 settings, and made my external monitor my primary monitor. Now TP starts on the external monitor, but with the same size as if it had started on my notebook. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Helmer
ThumbsPlus v10 Questions / Re: Gallery decoration
« Last post by Daan van Rooijen on 2023-05-03 21:15:20 »
There's no decoration for 'added to a gallery' that I know of.. why were you expecting that one would exist?

When you check a thumbnail's Properties (Alt-Enter), go to the rightmost tab in the dialog, named Galleries, to see the galleries that it has been added to.

If you want to see at a glance which galleries your files are part of, you could add a descriptive keyword (e.g. 'G-People', 'G-Dogs' or 'G-Cars') to all the files in a gallery, and make sure that keywords are displayed in the thumbnail view. Of course, you would have to remember to add that keyword again when you add new files to the gallery.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10