Author Topic: email problem - locks up  (Read 3991 times)

Street Mann

• View Profile
email problem - locks up
« on: 2019-01-13 17:32:34 »
hello all

I set the default email to Outlook in the preferences but when I try and send an email image, I get this message and I have to go to task manage and shut down both outlook and t10.

Any ideas

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: email problem - locks up
« Reply #1 on: 2019-01-13 19:38:29 »
Have you tried setting Options | Preferences | E-mail to 'Current default email program'? It shouldn't make a difference, but it might.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Street Mann

• View Profile
Re: email problem - locks up
« Reply #2 on: 2019-01-13 20:28:11 »
That option was there originally and then with it did not work the first time, I changed it to the Outlook . an note .. I am running outlook office 365 

Also -- I checked with Snagit and that programs interfaces with the Outlook 365 just fine and send email without problems.

« Last Edit: 2019-01-14 09:05:51 by Street Mann »

Street Mann

• View Profile
Re: email problem - locks up [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: 2019-01-16 15:16:34 »
Hello My friends ...  Solution Found.. Reset your PC ie use the reset to reinstall WIN10

Not pretty but it took care of the problem, sure, it reinstalled windows on my system and I had to reinstall about 15 programs, but, I have done this many times before and nothing else worked.

Tech Support was not able to recreate the problem on their systems and recommended a reinstall of the email ( Outlook) but I was oh Office 356 and I uninstalled that  and then reinstalled it and nothing was solved.

Shifting to a lower gear, I did a reset PC https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17085/windows-8-restore-refresh-reset-pc and when I installed Thumbs and then Office 365 ( Outlook) all works fine. I am not bent out of shape on this because sometimes just one little thing gets corrupted in a million lines of code and that is just what you have to do.

Hint to others ...  Be sure and save off to another drive all your batch routines and your database .. ( BTW i Never keep the thumbs DB on the HD for cased just like this and cases where the drive wont even boot. My images are on portable drives too for this very reason.)

I had forgotten to save my batch routines BUT I discovered them in what appears to be a dustbin for old files that are set aside when you do a reset.
They were here:  C:\Windows.old\Users\{ USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\ThumbsPlus

BTW - I have a friend that also is having the same problem.

« Last Edit: 2019-01-16 15:30:56 by Street Mann »