Author Topic: ThumbsPlus V9 Beta 3 Scroll wheel zoom problem  (Read 3920 times)

Sjoinca

• View Profile
ThumbsPlus V9 Beta 3 Scroll wheel zoom problem
« on: 2014-10-18 06:42:18 »
If you click in the main window the mouse scroll wheel can be used to page through your images as designed.  If you click into the preview window for the currently selected image, the scroll wheel will zoom the image in and out as designed.

But... if you select an image in the main window and hover over the image in the preview window, the scroll wheel will zoom the preview image AND scroll the images in the main window. I have not seen this behavior before and don't think this should occur.

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2014-10-18 09:05:08 »
TP9 actually scrolls whatever is the active pane.  If "Location" is the active pane, scrolling on the preview window will scroll the Location folders.  If the thumbnail pane is active, scrolling on the preview window will scroll the thumbnails.  If the preview window is the active pane no additional scrolling occurs.  I suspect this condition has always been present in TP8+.  This is a residual condition of Cerious making each pane literally a separate window.  Another residual condition is the Tab key will not tab between panes.

There is a solution to the scrolling problem.  I found this wonderful free program - KatMouse.  It allows for scrolling in the window the mouse is pointed to which may or may not be the "active" window.  I love this program!  You may investigate and decide if you want to try it by visiting the author's site (as far as I can tell the install is virus free and has no spyware).

http://ehiti.de/katmouse/

Cheers,
Gary

Sjoinca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-10-19 10:14:05 »
Thanks for the information Gary.  I have no problem with the program automatically choosing the "active" window based upon whichever window the mouse is within.  It just does not make sense to zoom the preview window AND scroll the main window at the same time. It should be one or the other.

The program now requires another click in the preview window to be able to zoom it without scrolling the main window.

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-10-19 16:07:54 »
"TP9 actually scrolls whatever is the active pane."

That isn't quite true, and I think this could be a bug I hadn't spotted before as I don't often use the Preview window.

Click an image in the main window (main window is now active) and hover over the preview window; preview zooms and main window scrolls. In this case the active window is scrolling as well as the window the mouse pointer is over.

Now approach this from the other way round. Click on the preview window and that will zoom without the main window scrolling; move the mouse pointer over the main window (without clicking) and just the main window scrolls with the preview window staying still. In this instance the preview window is active, but the window with the mouse pointer scrolls.

This looks like a bug to me.

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-10-19 21:03:54 »
Good catch.  Definitely a bug.  Regardless, KatMouse takes care of the scrolling so not an issue with me.