Author Topic: HELP with v9 Keywords into Metadata  (Read 2625 times)

Dick Gordon

HELP with v9 Keywords into Metadata
« on: 2013-12-09 15:22:40 »
Within the past year I have converted from v7 to V9.  It has not been an easy learning curve and I still have problems with v9.

I am trying to put my keywords on the image metadata. With v7 I used the IPTC/NAA Editor, selected the "Replace with database" under the Keyword pulldown and I successfully transferred keywords to the metadata for as many files as were highlighted.

With v9 I have been pasting them into the metadata field one file at a time because I haven't found the appropriate way to select more files.  This is less desireable but doable.  

The major problem is that the keywords allowed by v7 that include commas are treated as delimiters by v9 under some circumstances, which I have not figured out what those circumstances are, and create multiple keywords in the metadata under v9.  

An example would be images with the keywords "Doe, Jane" and "Doe, John" which sometimes go correctly, but then after a subsequent update or some other unidentified action are changed to "Doe", "John" and "Jane".  This causes major problems.

How do I keep the database form of the keyword in the metadata? Also, is there a better way to perform the mechanics of the function?

Thanks - Dick Gordon