Author Topic: Similar Files; selecting, deleting and clearing files found  (Read 2739 times)

magnus98

I have Tumbs9.0
I am having several problems with the Similar Files feature: 1. I am having a problem with the section process in the Similar files Edit: Pull-down window.  I can't get the search to take place in my selected folder(or tree or database).  2. How do I clear the Files Folder images after finding them? I can't seem to clear them?  3. How do I tag, for deletion, the files that I want to delete?

Thanks for the help.

William Magnuson

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Similar Files; selecting, deleting and clearing files found
« Reply #1 on: 2013-10-10 17:06:45 »
> 1. I am having a problem with the section process in the Similar files Edit: Pull-down window.  I can't get the search to take place in my selected folder(or tree or database).

Do you mean Edit | Find Similar? That always operates on the current folder, or on the current tree (folder plus its subfolders), or on the entire database. And that works fine here..

> 2. How do I clear the Files Folder images after finding them? I can't seem to clear them?

Do you mean the "Similar Images" gallery that is created in the Found Files section of the tree? Right-click on it and choose "Remove Found List".

> 3. How do I tag, for deletion, the files that I want to delete?

Press INS to tag, Ctrl-INS to Untag. Or right-click on the thumbnail and use Thumbnail | Tag. When done, use Edit | Select By | Tagged to select all tagged files. Then press DEL to delete them. (btw, before starting this, you may want to do Ctrl-A, Ctrl-INS to untag all files before you start tagging them for deletion. This just in case that some files that you don't want to delete were already tagged).

Bonus info:
- You can also search for files similar to a particular image. Select that image and use Edit | Find | Tab:Image Similarity.
- You can also sort the thumbnail list on Similarity. This is slow with large folders though.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

MetcalfeP

• View Profile
Similar Files; selecting, deleting and clearing files found
« Reply #2 on: 2013-10-16 06:11:49 »
The built in TP option can be a bit limiting and is unfortunately easily caught out plus of course there does not appear a quick & easy way to mark and remove lots of definite clones;
If you want to be able to find non-exact matches such as small versions of the same file https://tn123.org/simimages/ works quicker and easier as it has the option to select what you would want to delete and auto delete options.
For exact matches only then the free version from here http://www.ashisoft.com/ works quickly and cleanly - does not matter what you download it is all the same program.