Author Topic: URGENT HELP REQUIRED - How to restore deleted files  (Read 2939 times)

joan

My photo assistant has just deleted an entire mornings worth of photos by accident, how do I restore the pics ?  They are not in the recycle bin, just a grey folder but there is no content in the grey folder.  Prob 1500+ pics !!

Need help ASAP please :)

joan

URGENT HELP REQUIRED - How to restore deleted files
« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-17 08:10:35 »
I'm using version 7 not 9 if that makes a difference ?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-08-17 12:43:02 »
1. This is unrelated to ThumbsPlus.
2. Avoid that any new data (or even temp files) are written to the harddisk in question
3. Locate good data recovery software and try to recover the files. If the software has special provisions for recognition and recovery of the particular filetype that you lost (e.g. JPG), that would be a benefit. The recovery software should write the files to a different medium, e.g. an external drive.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

macsnapper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-08-18 00:05:38 »
recuva is a free software that recovers deleted files if they have not been overwritten

MetcalfeP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-09-01 05:53:50 »
also, under the TP settings you will find the options of delete to the recycle bin or delete directly, select to recycle bin option as then you get a second chance if you delete accidentally, assuming the size of the item being deleted is not huge.