Author Topic: MYSQL  (Read 5637 times)

wingfield

• View Profile
MYSQL
« on: 2020-06-15 19:57:13 »
hello,

I've been successfully using TP on MYSQL on my WAMP server for years.  Today, I upgraded my WAMP server and TP no longer successfully accesses my MYSQL db.  it gives the below error message.  the only thing I can see that has changed is that the port MYSQL uses has changed from (by memory 3306??) to 3308.  I've gone ahead and changed this in the ODBC connection and the "test" function provides a successfull connection to the database from the ODBC.

Database error : The selected database is not a Thumbsplus database.  If you are connecting to a client/server Thumbsplus database, check with the database administrator to ensure your login has appropriate priveleges.

any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: MYSQL
« Reply #1 on: 2020-06-16 09:22:02 »
Just some thoughts..:

Has the my.sql settings file changed, in particular the setting about ANSI quotes?
Have you tried running ThumbsPlus with full Admin rights?
Have you tried to (temporarily!) turn on tracing in Windows' ODBC panel?
In theory TP might be incompatible with your new Mysql version, but I have no details on what goes with which.

I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

wingfield

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-06-16 13:44:20 »
Hello Daan,

as always, your replies are greatly appreciated!

>> Has the my.sql settings file changed, in particular the setting about ANSI quotes?
I have the ansi quotes setup in the ODBC system connection.  I'd think this overrides anything in the my.sql file; but I will check.

>> Have you tried running ThumbsPlus with full Admin rights?
yes

>> Have you tried to (temporarily!) turn on tracing in Windows' ODBC panel?
I will try this.  my recollection is that this creates a very long file that's difficult to understand ;>)

>> In theory TP might be incompatible with your new Mysql version, but I have no details on what goes with which.
this is possible; but I'm doubting it

I'll cycle back after trying these items.  any other thoughts, please let me know.

David

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-06-16 14:51:36 »
I have no further thoughts for now (well, not on Msql :D ) but you may find a few more pointers in this topic:

http://forum.thumbsplus.com/forum/index.php?topic=5103.msg6179#msg6179

wingfield

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-06-16 14:56:00 »
Daan,

here's the ODBC trace file.  I don't know what it's telling us, if anything.  thoughts?

David

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-06-16 15:39:43 »
Frankly it's all Greek to me  :-X

Are you sure that the ANSI quotes mode is active? Are you using the Unicode (not ANSI) version of the Mysql driver?

wingfield

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-06-16 15:53:40 »
yes - I've never changed anything in my setup.  only thing I did was update WAMPserver.  I'll keep plugging along.  greek to me as well :>)