Author Topic: File Comments - annoying warning  (Read 2689 times)

cmess

• View Profile
File Comments - annoying warning
« on: 2014-04-01 23:59:54 »
I like to add comments to my JPEGs using the N command. I guess this is discouraged now because the comments window displays a note in the text box to use the MetaData panel. I'm sort of okay with the note although it is annoying. However, the problem is that the note is persistent and it shouldn't be there if there are comments. My choice is to stop it entirely, or give me a good reason to stop using it (and some way to port the old comments to the Metadata panel comment field).

In general, it isn't easy to add comments to a lot of files. There must be a better a way.

Advice is always welcome.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
File Comments - annoying warning
« Reply #1 on: 2014-04-02 01:46:18 »
From the main window, you can use Image | Quick Process | Modify File Info (Ctrl-Shft-Q) to add a comment to multiple files at once.

I haven't tried this, but copying your old-style JPG comments to the Comment field in the IPTC header of the same file should be possible through the Image | Batch Edit Metadata command. For the first (target) field in that dialog, use Description > Comments and with the From button, select File Info > Comments as the source (I'd try this on a few test images first).
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.