Author Topic: Error Message When Attempting Upgrade to Ver10Sp1  (Read 3444 times)

mosscomes

• View Profile
I've been unable to upgrade my Thumbs Version 10 to SP1 without always getting the error message in the screen shot that was unloaded (but where I don't know). The install file has installed properly on my laptop.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Try again?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-06-29 15:18:54 »
Your screenshot doesn't show and you don't mention what the error message was.

When you upload an image here, a link to the uploaded image is inserted in your message so that it will show when people read your message.

To give it another try: reply to this message, press the Upload button, press Browse to select the image on your system, press Upload to transfer it to the forum server and to have it inserted into your message.

Hopefully when you do this, someone will know how to solve the problem.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

mosscomes

• View Profile
Try again?
« Reply #2 on: 2016-06-29 16:11:40 »

That time it took.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Try again?
« Reply #3 on: 2016-06-29 17:13:46 »
Strange.. if this is a problem in the installer, many more people should be reporting it. But it doesn't seem likely that it's a problem on your end either. Essentially, the installer can't find a small icon file that it should have unpacked earlier during the installation. I assume that your C: drive has enough disk space?

What might explain it is a corrupt download. I don't know if the ThumbsPlus installer does a self-check before it launches, but if it doesn't, that might be it. You could try to download another copy and see if that works better.

If no-one else responds here, I think you'd best report this to support@cerious.com (include the screenshot and be sure to mention 'Thumbsplus' in the subject title of your message).
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.