Author Topic: Best web building tool for TP photo files  (Read 12999 times)

Paul

• View Profile
Best web building tool for TP photo files
« on: 2014-07-20 17:32:45 »
I spent many months (years, actually) converting thousands of silver negatives and chromes into digital files. TP allowed me to complete the project without losing my sanity because it works so intuitively despite the occasional bug.

Now I want to create a spare, minimal website that is an analog of an art book: minimalist black pages with just one photo per page and perhaps an occasional comment. No blogs or other fancy stuff.

Any suggestions on what to use? I've looked at Wordpress and Squarespace; they look ok but I don't know enough about web building to be able to evaluate them. What has for you? What do you recommend?

Thanks
Paul

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-20 18:25:32 »
You may want to have a look at [link=http://www.zenfolio.com/zf/examples.aspx]Zenfolio[/link], it sounds like that might suit you. I think it costs $30/yr, but that may be well worth it.

Of course, ThumbsPlus can generate webpages too, based on templates that you can edit, but with a solution like Zenfolio (or Flickr, Photobucket, etc) you can use stylish, ready-made layouts and you don't have to worry about hosting your images and pages. You can also use your Zenfolio images and galleries on other sites, e.g. in a Wordpress blog.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Kunibert2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-03 07:30:13 »
Coppermine offers a good base for that. The theme can be modified for your style. Have a look at one of my galleries:

http://www.medienarchiv.com/a-archiv/thumbnails.php?album=152

In that case I have not used a dark background but changing that is easy. I could insert the header and a column on the right side, but that doesn't have to be. It is possible to have that gallery without footer, header and sidebar. And with a dark background and light fonts.

Coppermine reads and displays iptc-data. It also offers a searchfunction with keyword and phrases.