Author Topic: Database error  (Read 3303 times)

natgild2

• View Profile
Database error
« on: 2015-05-15 20:29:49 »
I keep getting the following database error.

<5015•8033> Database error:    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database '|'.  It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.. -  

Figuring that the database was corrupted, I deleted the old one and started reindexing my disks. When indexing my second drive, I noticed that the indexing hung up on a particular .ico file.  I terminated the scan and restarted.  Now I get the  above error any time I try to scan a drive or folder. I am using Windows 8.1 set up with each user having a separate database.

Nat

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Database error
« Reply #1 on: 2015-05-15 21:16:59 »
If it is a valid ICO file, would you mind sending me a copy (daancc@gmail.com)? If it causes the same error here, I'd be happy to submit it to Cerious.

For now, maybe you can rename or delete that file, or tell ThumbsPlus not to scan ICO files (Options | Preferences | Filetypes -- lookup the 'ICO' extension in the 'images' category and remove the mark in front of it).
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

natgild2

• View Profile
Database error
« Reply #2 on: 2015-05-19 11:11:13 »
Thanks for the offer. I made another new database file and was able to scan through my data drive without hanging up.  I did remove some file extensions from my scan as these were producing errors.  I removed .pdf, .htm, .html, and .hdr.