All forums > ThumbsPlus v7-v9 Questions

tp5 and migrating the td4 to another OS

<< < (2/2)

Daan van Rooijen:
You have to change the "MAIN C" volume label into "DRIVE_C" in the Properties of your C: drive. It cannot be faked, a volume label is not a folder.

You must do this in Explorer, not in ThumbsPlus.

Once you have done this (and the image files are also in place at their 'old' location), you can open ThumbsPlus. Check if it is using the correct (old) database. You may want to turn Options | Preferences | Thumbnails | "Make thumbnails automatically" Off (to prevent that it creates any new thumbnails). Then lookup your images and galleries to see if everything is working like on the old PC.

miltk:
i'm backed up on my wife's W7. her computer has zero problems and her machine has tp/psp installed the way mine WAS with all it's problems.  any guess why?

thx btw,,,i can't live without this forum . you are indispensble

Daan van Rooijen:
> i'm backed up on my wife's W7. her computer has zero problems and her machine has tp/psp installed the way mine WAS with all it's problems.  any guess why?

Thx for the kind words. Not sure if I understand you here.. What problems do you mean specifically?

miltk:
the problems with the td4 and what we've been discussing in regards to migrating over to W7 have not been an issue with my wife's W7

Daan van Rooijen:
> the problems with the td4 and what we've been discussing in regards to migrating over to W7 have not been an issue with my wife's W7

So, I understand that you've got it working correctly on her PC, but I'm still not sure what the question is. Are you unable to get it to work on your own Windows7 PC (if so, did you follow the instructions and what exactly isn't working?) or are you surprised that it works on hers (why?).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version