Author Topic: Where are interface changes stored?  (Read 2990 times)

Lengo

• View Profile
Where are interface changes stored?
« on: 2014-12-30 15:14:42 »
You can add new bars across the top of the screen and customize them by adding/rearranging icons and menu items onto them. Where are these stored? What file? What folder is the file in?

I've changed the .config file to .config.old, and the .ini file to .ini.old before installing a new release, then removing the new .config and .ini files, and renaming .config.old back to .config and renaming the .ini.old to .ini. This restores most everything (all settings), but it does not restore the working space that I've customized.

Please. What file contains your working space customizations? And what folder can it found in?

Also, I open an existing database that I have (I have two). When I open them, my old keywords are in it, but the keywords have new entries that were already deleted once. How can I prevent the database from populating itself with the default keywords? I don't want them, and it's tedious and a lengthy process to remove the unwanted keywords. How can I prevent these 'default' keywords from populating my list of keywords?

I have been using build 3938. I've been told to upgrade to build 3943. I don't really want to do this unless I can retain my working space customizations and retain my keywords without getting them cluttered with keywords that I don't use!

What file is my working space customizations in, so that I can back it it up and restore it? And how do I prevent my keywords in a database file from being corrupted with new, default, entries?

Thanks in advance.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2014-12-30 19:50:18 »
> You can add new bars across the top of the screen and customize them by adding/rearranging icons and menu items onto them. Where are these stored? What file? What folder is the file in?

For the main program, they are stored in thumbs9.config.
For the viewer, they are stored in thumbs9.vconfig.
These files are located in the folder shown under Help | System | Preferences Path.

> Also, I open an existing database that I have (I have two). When I open them, my old keywords are in it, but the keywords have new entries that were already deleted once. How can I prevent the database from populating itself with the default keywords?

Did you delete the keywords through Database | Edit Keywords?

When you do so and then close and restart the program, are they still gone?

The only legitimate process through which they might return spontaneously, that I am aware of, is when you (re-)thumbnail files and one or more of the options in Options | Preferences | Keywords | 'Automatically generate keywords from..' is On.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Lengo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-12-31 00:02:16 »
Hmmm. I'm sure I renamed that to Thumbs9.config.old, then restored it after deleting the new config file placed by reinstalling the program.

I don't see a Thumbs9v.config file in the folder.

I have to reinstall again. I'm upping from build 3938 to build 3943. I certainly hope this works. Both rebuilding my customized workspace and deleting junk entries from the keywords list is very painful and time consuming.

Also, still having problems with loading large files to screen. My monitor is 1080p. Files that are this dimension do not open correctly for editing. I have to press F5 twice to make them viewable, because they are surrounded by a window border that really doesn't exists (it's not functioning). My video card is a Geforce 650 ti with 1 GB of memory on it, and I have the latest drivers for it from nVidia's website.

Thanks for your help.