Author Topic: zoom into pic hangs program  (Read 4115 times)

wingfield

• View Profile
zoom into pic hangs program
« on: 2018-07-14 13:25:15 »
folks,

when I zoom into a picture, it hangs the program.  the picture looks like a bunch of pixels are moving from the left of the pic to the right of the pic; but they stop around 30% into the pic and simply start over again from the left.

one other piece of information.  it consistently hangs when I hit "z" for the 4th time.

any ideas what's causing this and how to fix?

I'm using v10 sp2.

thank you

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2018-07-14 13:44:41 »
This hasn't been reported here before and I can't reproduce it for now.

Does this happen with images of all types, sizes and bit-depths? And is this with the viewer in full-screen mode or windowed? (it would be great if you could post your "Options | Viewing | Tab:Window" screen). Any other particulars that might be relevant?

If nobody can reproduce it, the first thing that I would look at would be if there's an update for my video driver.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

wingfield

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-07-14 15:05:46 »
Daan,

I've attached the tab you've asked for.

>> Does this happen with images of all types, sizes and bit-depths? And is this with the viewer in full-screen mode or windowed?

I've tried it on .jpg, .bmp, and .tif.  it happens on those file types.  I've not tried it on other types.  different file sizes doesn't seem to matter.  "windowed" mode I believe??  I basically double click from the thumnail and it opens with a menu on top of the picture.

David

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-07-14 16:24:18 »
Thanks David. Those settings are similar to my own. I've tried yours but I still can't get it to crash.

I hope some other people reading here will give it a try, and chime in if they see the crash too. If so, we should report it to Cerious. Which Windows version do you use?
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

wingfield

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-07-14 18:46:31 »
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.