Author Topic: refresh thumbnails  (Read 3910 times)

macsnapper

• View Profile
refresh thumbnails
« on: 2017-09-28 04:39:21 »
When I save an edited image under a new name I have to refresh the view before the thumbnail comes up in the folder. But then I'm at the top of the folder...
I have watch changes in folders ticked and make thumbnails automatically ticked.
What else can I do?

Jens Rieger

• View Profile
refresh thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: 2017-09-28 11:02:00 »
Have you enabled this option?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
refresh thumbnails
« Reply #2 on: 2017-09-28 15:19:35 »
> When I save an edited image under a new name I have to refresh the view before the thumbnail comes up in the folder. But then I'm at the top of the folder...

Are you sure that the sort order of the thumbnail listing is such, that the new thumbnail must appear near that of the original file? (for instance, if the thumbnails are sorted by Date Modified, the new file's thumbnail will appear at the very end of the list which may be out of view).

Are you saving the new image file to a local drive or to a network drive? If it's the last, please try to reproduce the problem on a local drive to see if it also happens there.

Something that I've never tried but which might work..: TP has a separate folder monitoring tool under Tree | Watch Folders. Ordinarily, TP only watches the current folder for changes, but this tool will also update other folders. I wonder what happens when you add your images folder to the watch list - theoratically, your images folder should then be watched twice and maybe 'the second time is the charm' (note: it will also keep a watch on any sub-folders).

Finally, under Options | Preferences | Advanced, there are timing settings (in milliseconds) for watching local and remote folders. Their default values, which should work, are 5 and 15 milliseconds respectively. If yours are different, please try those default values.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

macsnapper

• View Profile
refresh thumbnails
« Reply #3 on: 2017-09-29 03:10:07 »
Thanks (again) Daan for replying.
I checked all your suggestions, now it works but of course I don't know which was the suggestion that solved it.
but all's well that ends well!

macsnapper

• View Profile
refresh thumbnails
« Reply #4 on: 2017-09-29 03:27:16 »
and thank you too Jens R!