Author Topic: Moving from Picasa to Thumbsplus  (Read 11516 times)

bmacd615

Moving from Picasa to Thumbsplus
« on: 2016-10-09 17:42:24 »
I formerly used Thumbsplus (I still have product keys for version 7 and 8) but don't have the software installed on my computer (windows 10).  I had settled on using Picasa and dropped TP.  Now that Picasa is no longer supported I am considering again TP.  
I understand all the tags and captions I embedded into the images with Picasa will be recognized/utilized by Thumbsplus.  Please correct me if I am wrong.
How can I upgrade?  Do I have to find my old program and reinstall before upgrading?
Can pay for an upgrade and download the newer version directly and use my old codes to activate?
Can I upgrade from my old single user to the Professional or Professional Perpetual?
Thanks.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Moving from Picasa to Thumbsplus
« Reply #1 on: 2016-10-09 18:28:54 »
> I understand all the tags and captions I embedded into the images with Picasa will be recognized/utilized by Thumbsplus.

If Picasa uses standard EXIF/IPTC fields to store them, yes.

> How can I upgrade?  Do I have to find my old program and reinstall before upgrading?

No, just purchase an upgrade code, download and install the software and activate it using the code.

> Can I upgrade from my old single user to the Professional or Professional Perpetual?

I think you can, but please ask Cerious directly by email (put 'thumbsplus' in the subject line). This is a user-to-user forum and Cerious' staff doesn't visit here all that often.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.