Author Topic: 3928 cannot sort on user fields from thumbnail window  (Read 3707 times)

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
The field sort drop down list at the top of the thumbnail window does not have user fields.

Also the list of displayed fields (the 'lightbulb' icon) does not show the selected fields correctly. I suspect the two things are connected which is why I have mentioned them in the one thread.

Gary

• View Profile
3928 cannot sort on user fields from thumbnail window
« Reply #1 on: 2013-06-14 18:26:50 »
i rely on those drop down lists since the Alt+Num sort does not work.  now i'm concerned about installing 3928.  have you run across anything that is actually fixed?

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-06-14 18:35:17 »
This hasn't worked since the first full release, so if you are running any of the production releases then installing 3928 won't make this issue any worse.

So far it hasn't fixed any of my issues, and the published fixes didn't affect me anyway, either because it wasn't a problem on my system, or they are features I do not use.

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-06-14 19:30:19 »
ah.  i missed the word 'user' in your description.  i don't rely on the user field sort.  none of the listed fixes affect me either.  i'll stick with 3926 for now.

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-06-19 15:27:39 »
Thanks again for your support!

Phillip and I have discussed this and the known limits are:

*In order to sort by something - something has to be listed and shown.
*ThumbsPlus does not update the drop down list for sorts as it should.
*In order to store, show and then to sort using the new data entered, ThumbsPlus has to be exited and re-started.

This problem behavior has been noted and listed for fixing for the next build.

Kind regards,
Laura